www.astonshell.com

Aston 2 menu doesn't show with extended desktop enabled
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
haxer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'm having the same problem. As I posted in an Aston 1 thread, I reformatted my computer, so I went ahead and started out installing Aston 2, which looks like it was a good idea for when I install on Aston 1. However, I have the same problem as tuut with the dual display. I initially had the monitors in dual display mode so there was no errors per say. The thing is, Panels decided to use the secondary monitor and I apparently there are no options as to where the user would prefer it as of yet. Sorry for the thread revival guys, I just figured you would like to know about this.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I may be able to provide a clue here. I think the key is where you activate the secondary monitor, and it's appearing on it in stead of the primary one.

As I recall, the last time I even TRIED to move the start menu bar to the secondary monitor, all HELL broke loose. I had to reboot in safe mode, shell explorer, then regedit the damned thing back to the primary. Obviously, I NEVER tried that again!

So, my guess is Microsoft implemented some sort of hack-fix that you guys are stumbling in to, 2 times out of three.

Well anyway, for all I know you've fixed this, and didn't report back on this thread, but I was just trying to be helpful. The bit about the menu bar appearing on the secondary display got me thinking is all.

haxer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, that sounds like something that probably could be doing it. And thanks for the input. I don't think this has been resolved because I was getting the problem with the newest version of Panels/Menu. Hopefully it will be resolved soon though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Aston 2 menu doesnt show with extended desktop en Reply with quote

This may have been covered in a previous way way back Thread but was wondering how far back some of the posters here go in their Aston Residency.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I moved here in 1974 but one of my brothers moved here right after WW2 as a returning Vet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AstonShell.com Forum Index   Aston Menu Bugs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: